2023-07-07 day note
- Put out a newsletter today. The musings on using ChatGPT for school obscure the real treat: me goofing around at the expense of DevOps and Platform engineering.
- I also finished up a mostly polished draft of a webinar I’m giving next week. Working with Darran has been great. He knows his stuff and helps me think of new interesting things to say as well.
- I thought my mom was coming tomorrow for her summer stay with us, but it’s Sunday. It’s just one day, but it’s a bummer of a let down.
- We’ve lived in this new part of town for almost two years and never eaten at the four little restaurants in the neighborhood. We went to one today, I had a hamburger. It was good, by European standard. But, I was reminded again that I’m too old to eat a hamburger and fries anymore: I feel like a grease-soggy paper towel afterwards for hours. What are the new options? Mediterranean food seems good.
- Kim bought some humus from a market yesterday. It was (still is!) so good, so fresh and tasty. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to eat grocery store humus again.
- I’m slack-jaw-amazed at how many people have definitive, often condemning and Puritanically toned takes on Threads…what, just - checks calendar - 48 hours after it launching. At least the ChatGPT take circus took about a week or two to froth up into mob-madness.
- Fully aware of the irony: (I mean, Bluesky is toast now, right?)