2023-06-13 day note
- What is the deal with Disney live action kid shows? Do they have a team that makes sure they all have the same…vibe? It’s so weird. (This Jessie show is ok. Not sure about the handsy ten year old: Jessie: “Do you have an off switch?” Handy ten year old: “yup. Do you wanna try and find it?!")
- I asked Ram about Cloud Foundry a lot today. I’m still not sure what I think about Kubernetes being “the future” when there’s so much work to do to make it easy to use.
- Related: “So what are we doing on a daily basis? We have multiple platforms running. We have platforms in our own Mercedes Data Center on-premise, and also on AWS. We have integration and production platforms on either environment. And to give you some numbers, we have around 300 application projects, 3,000 application instances, and around 1,500 platforms services, which we are providing at the moment and constantly growing. So what do we need to make all this happen? We need a great platform team. And of course, the ton of automation. So we are around eight people that’s not too much to operate all these applications and service instances.”
- I’ve been using ChatGPT for recipes. It’s great for asking questions like “what kind of sauce for fried tofu can I make out of sesame oil, mirin, and soy sauce.” The pointing being: I know those ingredients make a simple sauce, but I have no idea what the ratios are. Lentils are another one.
- Nerds look down on marketing, but it’s a complex skill and craft that depends on as much structure, engineering, luck, and banging your head against a wall as programming.