2023-06-02 day note
- Traveling back home, to Amsterdam, today.
- Yesterday’s VMUG Belgium talk went fine. Since it was to VMware admin types, I positioned my platform talk as a glimpse of their future. Whenever the infrastructure changes, you can use new application architectures…and then that drives new types of infrastructure and management needs…and so forth. It means that the people building and running infrastructure need to update their tools and how they work. For “traditional” ops, that means shifting from a service delivery mindset to a (app dev) platform as a product.
- I’ve been liking the Tetragrammaton podcast. It has a delightful, spegetti western kind of theme song. The conversations are interesting. The topics are usual a person’s craft, how they came to think of something, or as in this episode, a certain commentary or how to “just be.” I’m obviously a big podcast fan, and most of the interviews do one thing I like a lot: they model a way to think, and in this case, a way to experience just taking the dog on a walk, for example, or looking at trees. Owen Wilson is as super chill as you’d expect. On the other side of chill, but with the same “how to be” vibes, is this episode.
- I’ll put links to things I’ve published this week (a couple podcasts, a live stream) in the newsletter (probably out tomorrow), maybe pulling in some of the asides from these daily notes as well.
- I found several Garbage Chairs of Amsterdam in Brussels, so I’ll have a good queue over the next week. Here’s the first one: