2023-05-30 day note
- I recorded a podcast today on security in cloud native. Security can seem like an incomprehensible complexity from the outside, but when you ask an expert to break it down, it’s simple. Sure, lengthy and tedious and precise, but not impossible. I’ll post it in the Tanzu Talk podcast feed sometime this week.
- I spent a lot of time prep’ing for that podcast: mostly reading a PCI document. I’m not sure when this happened, but my confidence-to-ease in doing live conversations, presentations, and otherwise “public speaking” comes from over-preparing.
- I have an early flight tomorrow to go to Brussels. There’s a live LinkedIn stream in the evening (it’s with someone in California), so I’m leaving early to make sure things work out. I’ll also go to the VMware offices near the airport - not as thrilling as downtown Brussels but reliable for Internet.
- I’ve got my portable steaming kit - a Røde shotgun mic, small tripod, and my phone. I think I’ve finally got the perfect A/V go bag.
- I love reading week notes and Warren Ellis’s daily updates. So, here I am!
- I’m doing it in Drafts and can’t be bothered to add a lot links. See my newsletter here today for links to the live steam mentioned above and the reason I’ll be in Brussels, doing the opening keynote at the VMware User Group on Thursday.