Is there such a thing as a too creepy Hamburgler? We think not. Also, we cover what happened at DevOpsDays Austin, the identity management gap, and rumors about someone acquiring Salesforce.
SPONSOR: Come check out the Cloud Foundry Summit, a great chance to not only learn about the cloud platform but also hear about how people are using it. It’s May 11th and 12th in Santa Clara. Use the discount code COTE to get 25% of registration.
- If you like video, see this episodes’ video recording.
- Return of the Hamburger – people are creeped out, but we love it.
- Brandon is in Munich at the European Identity & Cloud Conference – what’s the keynote trends in IdM now?
- DevOpsDays Austin 2015: Matt’s talk on resumes, Coté’s talk, Damon’s talk. Videos sometime soon.
- Alan Shimel’s write-up of Coté’s talk.
- DevOps needs some IdM
- CoreOSFest – “Google, VMware, Red Hat, and Apcera have all signed on to support appc”
- Super-fan review of the show
- Randy on EMC and OSS.
- Saleforce acquisition rumors – why would they want to get acquired?
Bonus Links, not covered this week
- Microsoft changes a lot at it’s build conference
- “Is Microsoft still a Windows company?”
- Microsoft ships a cross-platform Visual Studio product
- ChefConf is coming to Austin in 2016!
- Google Will Do Anything To Beat Moore’s Law – “People ask me if we would switch to Power, and the answer is absolutely. Even for a single generation.”
- Oracle scoops up Nebula’s OpenStack engineering