The new version of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (“PCF” as folks like to say) is out. It has a whole slew of updates across the board.
My selective highlights:
- Google Cloud & Azure support, so you’re all multi-cloud ready (still with OpenStack, VMware, and AWS support).
- Will run 250,000 containers concurrently; in addition to scaling based on CPU usage, you can now auto-scale on HTTP Latency and HTTP Throughput.
- Updates to Spring Cloud, Zipkin, and Spring Boot Actuators for diagnostic stuff.
- MySQL updates, esp. for multi-zone support in AWS.
- “Tasks” one time processes that are an initial cut at “serverless”
- A slew of security updates.
See more – much more – features and details in Jared’s blog post wrapping the release up.