Shuttleworth in a separate interview at the OIS event also said that Canonical remains on track for a long-gestating IPO. Those plans were initially hinted at in mid-2017.
Good round-up of AWS’s private cloud stuff:
- AWS added on-premises support to its CodeDeploy continuous-delivery service in 2015.
- AWS introduced the Snowball storage server companies could use to copy data and then ship it to the cloud in 2015.
- AWS added on-premises support to its EC2 Run Command tool for running shell scripts on many machines at once in 2016.
- AWS unveiled the Snowmobile truck for copying even larger supplies of data and then hauling it off to Amazon in 2016.
- This past November AWS released a container image of its Amazon Linux server operating system for use on corporate servers.