- Video: “In 2017 Amazon is expected to spend $4.5bn on television and film content, roughly twice what HBO will spend. But it has a big payoff.”
- Prime momentum: “Mr Nowak reckons the company had 72m Prime members last year, up by 32% from 2015.”
- Cloud: “Last year AWS’s revenue reached $12bn, up by more than 150% since 2014.”
- Anti-trust, in the US: “If competitors fail to halt Amazon’s whirl of activities, antitrust enforcers might yet do so instead. This does not seem an imminent threat. American antitrust authorities mainly consider a company’s effect on consumers and pricing, not broader market power. By that standard, Amazon has brought big benefits.”
The online retailer said worldwide orders rose more than 60 percent compared with the previous Prime Day.
Looks like things worked out well.
Some of the more popular “deals”
- The most popular Amazon Dash Button brands purchased on Prime Day were Cascade, Charmin and Tide.
- Members purchased over 215,000 Instant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cookers.
- Members purchased over 200,000 headphones.
- Members purchased over 24,000 Double Hammocks by Vivere.
- Members purchased over 23,000 iRobot Roomba 614 Vacuum Cleaning Robots.
- Members purchased over 14,000 Lenovo laptops.
Source: Amazon Prime Day is biggest day for online retailer ever, sourced from my wife!