- Simplified todo list management - “I started dividing my to-do list into 1) things I have to do, 2) things I want to do, and 3) things other people want me to do. Life changing! I often don’t get to 3 and I finally realized omg, is this what it means to have boundaries?!”
- Non-Cloud Native Companies: How the Developer Experience Can Make Digital Transformation Easier - Nice summary of the product-mindset for software and what it looks like organization wise.
- How Psychological Safety at Work Creates Effective Software Tech Teams That Learn and Grow - ‘People feel comfortable taking a risk or asking a question and know they will be supported by their teammates, they feel safe to share personal and “crazy” ideas.’ Also: “safe teams beat targets by 17%, unsafe teams missed their targets by 19%.” Follow-up: does it matter for jobs that don’t need “risk taking” and innovation?
- Developers spend most of their time figuring the system out - most of a developer’s time is spent figuring out what to do, not “coding,” probably.
- Multi-Cloud Moments: VMware Workloads Study - If you like surveys about IT plans and priorities, check out the flurry of charts here