One of your favorite technologies is on the death wagon, again. Gartner recently recommended avoiding JEE for new, cloud native application development. This predictably kicked up all sorts of push-back from the JEE stalwarts. In this episode we discuss the report, the responses, and all the context to figure out what to make of all this. Spoiler: JEE isn’t dead, as ever, it’s just a part of the ongoing gumbo that is a Java application.
Subscribe, follow, feedback
- Download the episode directly, check us out in SoundCloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or in iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @cote, @rseroter, and guest @pieterhumphrey.
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Atlassian Buys Trello.
- Container and private cloud market-sizing from 451.
- 27k MongoDB instances ransacked and held for ransom.
- Oracle Joins Cloud Data Center Expansion Race.
- Also, I pretty much finished my Crafting your cloud native strategy booklet, check it out now before it get fancified.
Gartner on JEE for Cloud Native
- Get the report for free: “Gartner Market Guide for Application Platforms,” Anne Thomas and Aashish Gupta, Nov 2016.
- InfoQ round-up of responses to the report, by Victor Grazi.
- Oracle has a rocky history with assuring the Java community.