Some highlights from the article that seem to apply to any marketing use of social media:
- “If staying on message is the first rule of corporate communications, it is also the cardinal sin of social media.”
- Each medium has it’s own format and expectations: “corporations can and should differentiate their approach to each platform, digital-marketing experts say.”
- “Instagram is stylish, behind the scenes” – well, for most of us, “stylish” won’t apply. But the “behind the scenes” part is interesting.
- “Validate your followers with likes, comments and retweets. It builds goodwill.”
- Frequent factotumia – “It’s about showing up every single day and showing pieces of their lives rather than when they have a premiere or something to promote.”
- “Instead of trying to get followers to buy their product, companies can gently boost their brand by commenting on current events.”