Calling in from Las Vegas, Matt gives us the rundown of this year’s re:Invent. Looks like Amazon is maintaining the course to go after everyone. We also discuss traveling to Vegas itself, Curious George, a local Austin conference, and Coté abstains for saying anything about Dell buying EMC while Matt and Brandon discuss it.
SPONSOR: Take our awesome, multi-cloud PaaS for a test-ride. Get two free months of Pivotal Web Services. Whether you want to deploy on-premises, in a dedicated public cloud, or just keep using our PaaS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry has everything you need for doing cloud-native applications. Go to cote.io/pivotal for the sign-up code!
- If you like video, see this episodes’ video recording.
- If you don’t like the Curious George TV show, you can go fuck yourself.
- Good Greek mythology book for kids: D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths
- Vegas people.
- AWS re:Invent 2015 – “Amazon to Everyone: You’re Toast.” All your enterprise software licensing margin belong to us. Select announcements: Amazon Kinesis Firehose, Amazon QuickSight, AWS Inspector, AWS Config Rules, Amazon Elasticsearch Service0p3, Amazon RDS for MariaDB, AWS Database Migration Service, AWS Web Application Firewall (WAF), Amazon EC2 Dedicated Hosts, EC2 Spot Blocks, AWS Import/Export Snowball, AWS Config Rules
- EMC/Dell – Coté has no comment, Brandon and Matt Ray talk about it.
- The scene at yesterday’s InnoTech conference in Austin, the CD Summit track.
- Ben Thompson rainforest theory, commentary on it, and one of the podcasts on the topic.
- Brandon: Long Form Podcast, Browns podcast.
- Matt: Eating on other’s expense accounts.
- Coté: Easy Tiger restaurant/beer garden in Austin.