With VMworld coming up next week we talk tactics for surviving the show floor, Microsoft’s cloud and container offerings, and the battle for defining the fragmented “platform” space.
SPONSOR: Take our awesome, multi-cloud PaaS for a test-ride. Get two free months of Pivotal Web Services. Whether you want to deploy on-premises, in a dedicated public cloud, or just keep using our PaaS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry has everything you need for doing cloud-native applications. Go to cote.io/pivotal for the sign-up code!
- If you like video, see this episodes’ video recording.
- Day old coffee and OKR’s
- Security conferences
- Software pricing mysteries
- Slack Jawed Yokel
- VMworld next week, who’s with me? (Matt) Coté: current status (w/r/t to VMworld).
- “Cohesive Entity” – Verizon using Mesosphere.
- Mirantis keeps raising money – Intel injects $100m into Mirantis to boost OpenStack adoption
- Microsoft’s all about Containers
- DevOpsDays Chicago.
- Brandon: InstaCart
- Matt: Bill Bryson In a Sunburned Country
- Coté: CostCo peanut butter says you need to refrigerate it, but it still spreads smooth. Check out the great debate on peanut butter refrigeration.