When you can pay the sprinkler repair guy by using your finger to sign an iPad, things are looking up. Maybe it means we’ll have lots of microservices wrapped around government services, who knows. Also, we cover the strategy of choosing boring technologies, MongoDB, and The EMC Federation.
SPONSOR: Take our awesome, multi-cloud PaaS for a test-ride. Get two free months of Pivotal Web Services. Whether you want to deploy on-premises, in a dedicated public cloud, or just keep using our PaaS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry has everything you need for doing cloud-native applications. Go to cote.io/pivotal for the sign-up code!
- If you like video, see this episodes’ video recording.
- IBM’s all about Mac laptops – What about Lenovo?
- IBM Mobile Innovation Lab Examples.
- Software is awesome – Jobber.
- Whatever happened to the API Economy?
- Choose Boring Technology – “Adding technology is easy, living with it is hard.” – “Don’t chose tech because of testimonials on Hacker News. Hacker News is kind of like Fox News and not just because it’s dominated by libertarians.”
- What’s up with MongoDB?
- Will EMC spin-in VMware? – Not everyone’s familiar with the EMC Federation, I’m not familiar with anything like it in the industry. EMC, VMware, RSA, Pivotal, VCE
BONUS LINKS! Not covered in podcast
- Brandon: (Once again…) Wool
- Matt: Girl Talk videos one and two.
- Coté: Leading the Transformation, Applying Agile and DevOps Principals at Scale – good overview so far of what management at larger companies can do to introduce Agile and DevOps.