Hello again, welcome to #037. Today we have 43 subscribers, so we’re +1. I’d love to hear what you like, dislike, your feedback, etc.: email@example.com. (If you’re reading this on the web, you should subscribe to get the daily email.)
Come check out cloud hijinks at 451’s HCTS conference Oct 6th and 8th. I’ll be speaking there on developer relations and marketing. Use the code
MC200to get $200 off when registering. Only one person has taken advantage of this snazzy code, so: come on, sign up!
Come hear me yammer on about DevOps: I’ll be in Chicago (Sep 23rd) and Toronto (Nov 18th) giving my DevOps and cloud talk with TechTarget
- 451 Deal Analysis of HP buying Eucalyptus – As I mentioned yesterday, we had a Deal Analysis in the works. Here it is.
- That vRealize report is finally up. I spend much of the time going over the strategic reasons for doing this and much less on the actual features. I figure there’ll be more at the BCN VMworld so we’ll look to cover it more in-depth then. Coincidently, I had an end-user inquiry today that talked all about vRealize and its competitors. The customer was well trained: they said “vRealize” and never “vCAC”!
- This is the kind of feedback I find most valuable (I’m serious!):
Tech & Work World
- Jenkins is now sole focus for CloudBees as it drops PaaS and teams up with Pivotal | ZDNet – the PaaSes are droppin’ like flies. It either means a winner is emerging, or the idea is shaky…or both!
- OpTier – an opportunistic option for SAP? – An APM company looks to be biting the dust too, with SAP scooping up the assets.
- Why Tableau is crushing it for 21st century analysis – man, I wish I could take a few days of Tableau training and get a license. I bet it’d help my day-to-day out a lot.
- Concerning VMware’s vCloud Air: It’s all about choice – Trevor Pott goes to town on vAir. He likes it!
- September 08, 2014 at 04:00AM – devopsreactions – hey, it’s funny.
- HP buys Eucalyptus | CloudPundit: Massive-Scale Computing – Lydia at Gartner’s take.
Fun & IRL
No fun today, just work. I’m going to go have a martini.