Matt Ray gives one of the better explanations of “the VMware cloud” that you’ll hear.
Coming fresh off of VMworld, Matt and Coté (mostly Matt!) discuss VMware’s cloud stack, vRealize, along with the new OpenStack API-as-Distro they announced. We also discuss some of the new, crowd-sourcing business models in industry analyst land and how they’re trying to plug holes in the analyst model. And, as always: recommendations for the week.
Sponsor: get $200 off when you register for 451’s Hosting and Cloud Transformation Summit (Oct 6th to 8th) when you use the code MC200 at http://451events.com. Also, you should sign up for my newsetter at http://coteindustries.com/memo.
Subscribe to this podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/SoftwareDefinedTalk
- If you like video, see this episodes’ video recording.
- We were listed in DevOps Weekly, which is a great weekly round-up of stuff in the DevOps world that you should check out.
- Sorting out the VMware cloud portfolio – I listed a round-up of news in my newsletter last week.
- 451 Reports on VMworld: a 451 report on VMware’s hybrid cloud scheme, and 451’s VMware networking overview.
- vRealize portfolio diagram
- Matt Ray’s VMworld presentation (currently not available, but sounds cool)
- Lydia’s VMworld day one note, “bi-modal IT,” developers are kinda important, etc.
- Can’t have nice things in automation
- VMware OpenStack API thingy
- “Google Enterprise” is now “Google Work”
- The rise of the crowd sourced analyst.
- Wisegate: Closed Community of professionals doing round tables (Exclusive Club)
- Trust Radius: Yelp for Enterprise Software
- Peerlyst: Linkedin for Security Professionals
- Spiceworks community
- Marketshare and feature breadth as a two by two matrix