Bill and Coté discuss trying to explain DevOps, DevOps metrics, and the processes used by designers vs. software developers vs. management consultants vs. wedding planners. We also go over the recently US Digital Services Playbook, which looks pretty cool actually.
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/UnderDevPodcast
DevOps, what is it?
- Observations from the field – Bill has been on a tour visiting Kickstarter, Etsy, and IBM teams – what are they doing, how is it different, etc.?
- The US Digital Services Playbook. What is this?
- What is DevOps? Bill says “I use the term as a tool.”
- “What is DevOps,” from June 2012
- “Revisting ‘What is DevOps,’” from June 2014
- A recent presentation on DevOps metrics.
- Also, see Jay Lyman’s take and Jay and I’s guesting on a recent DevOps Café podcast episode.
IBM Design, Process
- Bill now works in the IBM Design Group now.
- What are “Design” people like? Ideation, post-it notes, user-centric thinking.
- Three schools of process: software development, design, management consulting.