In this episode, we discuss the difficulty of using “data” to justify changing development processes (like from waterfall to Agile), Bill’s recent write-up of doing lean-style development in the BigCo of IBM, and focus on some listener feedback.
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/UnderDevPodcast
- Vacations, beaches are nice as covered in the recent SDT episode.
- David Leigh feedback, and book recommendation: The Principles of Product Development Flow: Second Generation Lean Product Development
- There is no “data” on the iron age being better than the bronze age.
- Walking the line between continuous learning and cargo culting.
- Feedback from David Leigh, Robert Brook, and Bill’s wife.
- Hypercritical episode on HFTS+
- Bill’s Service Edge story and the Paul Querna one
- Not covered in the podcast, an older talk on using a small team to get something done in Dell, Crowbar. And a write-up of the talk.
- Much of product management is limiting scope, and forcing The Business to make choices.