Back at SXSW 2009, Neelan Choksi was kind enough to invite me to be on a panel on open source. Mark Brewer and Sara Dornsife were also on the panel. Good times.
Originally uploaded by cote.
I’ve written about Peelander-Z before here, last time I saw them at SXSW. They’re pretty damn fantastic. Their show is hyper-fun. They make whole songs out of two phrases. Like, the guy in yellow there will start out saying, in his Japanese accented English, “I so hungry! What I eat? STEAK! [drummer flashes up a sign that says “STEAK”]. How I want cooked? MEDIUM RARE! [drummer flips sign, it says “MEDIUM RARE” on the other side].”
At one point, they come out rockin’ in a giant squid suit.
To listen to the episode, subscribe to the podcast feed in iTunes or whatever, download the episode directly, or click play below to listen right here:
While running a quick errand, we talk about all sorts of things:
- Football-shaped iPhones
- The Many accents on the Garmin GPS nuvi.
- King Ranch Casserole – see the essay/receipe here.
- Charles’ sandwich inventions: The Pork-chop Garnish and The Double Egg Bonus. (See more of Charles’ pictures over in twitpic.)
- It’s true, those kids won’t get off my lawn.
- Kim looses her iPhone.
- Charles on Groovy/Grails.
- …and more!